Boston Public Schools Library and Media Services provides centralized support for all of the libraries in the Boston Public Schools.
The Library Director’s main goals are to:
- Provide central leadership to schools and departments to ensure that library media centers play a central role in achieving academic targets.
- Lead the strategic planning process, in conjunction with OIIT and the BPS Academic Office.
- Work closely with Principals and Headmasters to build capacity around library media center development and management.
- Enhance access to digital, multimedia, and print resources to foster the infusion of 21st century learning skills into the learning environment.
- Provide professional development for school library staff to support their work as effective teachers and technology leaders at their schools.
- Act as a liaison between BPS Library and Media Services and other BPS departments, local libraries, and public, non-profit and private organizations.